This is the Privacy Statement of SoapBox B.V. (’Soapbox'). Soapbox is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 54104688 and has its registered office at Boschstraat 21, 6211 AS Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Respecting the privacy of those who use our services and carefully handling their personal data is part and parcel of our company's reliability. We want to be transparent in how we – as the controller – handle the processing of personal data provided to us by a user. This Privacy Statement explains that process in more detail. Soapbox will comply with the applicable privacy rules, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws and regulations. Soapbox exercises the utmost care when processing your personal data.
1. For whom is this information intended?
This information is intended for everyone who is going to register as a user of the Soapbox Platform and for visitors to one of the websites maintained by Soapbox (’the User' or ’you'). Some words are written with a capital letter in this Privacy Statement. These words have the meaning given to them in the User Terms and Conditions
2. Who processes my personal data?
Soapbox (also ’us' or ’we') manages and operates the Soapbox Platform and the websites maintained by Soapbox. Soapbox is the controller. If you have questions about your privacy, you can contact us as follows:
3. How does Soapbox obtain my personal data?
Soapbox receives the personal data that you enter, as a User in the Soapbox Platform or on one of the websites maintained by Soapbox. You thus determine which personal data Soapbox processes. You could also be employed by or otherwise affiliated with a Customer or Partner of Soapbox. It is then possible that Soapbox has also received personal data from you in this way.
You are never obliged to provide your personal data to us. But if you do not provide certain data to us, you might be unable to use or only be able to use to a limited extent the Soapbox Platform or on one of the websites maintained by Soapbox. It may also adversely affect the way in which the Soapbox Platform or any of the Soapbox-managed websites function or how Soapbox performs agreements or maintains contact with you.
4. For which purposes does Soapbox use my personal data?
Soapbox processes your personal data for certain purposes only, namely:
- organising Challenges
- performing a User Agreement or other Agreement
- developing, delivering, maintaining, and improving Soapbox Products
- informing Partners about Participants and their Results
- informing Participants about Partners and their organisations
- informing Participants about career opportunities at Partners
- approaching Participants, Customers, and Partners to participate in new Challenges
- generally administering Soapbox's business operations, in particular also maintaining contact with you
- complying with Soapbox's legal obligations, including civil and tax accounting obligations, and other laws and regulations applicable to Soapbox
- providing evidence in any disputes that may arise
- evaluating the business performance of Soapbox, people working for Soapbox, and Soapbox Products
- marketing purposes
- researching the long-term or other effects of challenges
- cooperating with third parties/suppliers in connection with carrying out challenges.
If Soapbox intends to process your personal data for purposes other than those for which it received your data and that are incompatible with the purpose for which they were obtained, Soapbox will inform you in due time if it is obliged to do so.
5. On what legal basis does Soapbox process my personal data?
Soapbox needs the personal data that it processes to:
- perform the User Agreement or any other Agreement with you
- comply with its legal obligations
- protect the legitimate interests of Soapbox, Users, or third parties. Soapbox thus processes personal data for these legitimate interests:
- performing Agreements with legal entities for which you work, directly or indirectly, or with which you have a certain relationship
- evaluating and improving the business performance of Soapbox, people working for Soapbox, and Soapbox Products
- for marketing purposes, in particular sending information about Soapbox Products, current and new Challenges, Partners and their organisation, products/services, and newsletters.
- for commercial purposes, in particular:
- informing Customers and Partners about the results that Participants have achieved in the Challenges
- giving potential interested parties access to company and personal data in a takeover of Soapbox, its business assets, and/or activities.
Soapbox currently processes personal data based on your consent only if you are a visitor to a website operated by Soapbox and have clicked ’OK' for the purposes mentioned in the Cookie Statement. Soapbox otherwise does not process any personal data based on your consent. If Soapbox processes your personal data, or will do so in future, based on your consent, you may always withdraw your consent by contacting us. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
6. Which personal data does Soapbox process?
Soapbox processes various types of personal data. For example, Soapbox processes:
- name and address details
- contact details, such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and social media account data
- IP addresses
- login data, account data including usernames and passwords
- all other personal data and other information that you enter in the Platform or on one of the websites managed by Soapbox. You are specifically requested not to enter any special personal data, such as information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health, sex life, or criminal record.
- photographs/videos of natural persons
- information about current or completed studies, curriculum vitae, former and current employers, and business activities.
7. For how long does Soapbox retain my personal data?
Soapbox never retains your personal data longer than needed for the purpose of processing unless the law requires Soapbox to retain the personal data for a longer period. In this case, Soapbox does not retain the data any longer than necessary.
8. How does Soapbox guarantee the security of my personal data?
The confidentiality of your personal data is guaranteed. For example, your personal data is shared internally with staff only on a need-to-know basis and all staff members are bound by strict confidentiality. Soapbox's business premises and external storage locations are highly secure, just like its IT systems and digital and other means of communication, such as e-mail, telephone, and the website. Soapbox continuously monitors whether its implemented security measures are and remain appropriate in view of the possible risks and adjusts the security accordingly, if necessary.
9. Does Soapbox provide personal data to third parties?
Users can access each other's personal data via the Platform or one of the websites managed by Soapbox . Soapbox may also share Participants' personal data with Customers and Partners, even if the Customer or Partner concerned does not participate in the Challenge in which the Participant participates. Conversely, information about Customers and Partners might be shared with other Customers and Partners or Participants. Personal data might also be provided to suppliers occasionally if needed to carry out the challenge. Otherwise, no personal data are shared with third parties.
10. Does Soapbox use processors?
Soapbox partly outsources processing of your personal data to processors. These processors are carefully selected. They are bound by all agreements required to safeguard your privacy. Whenever possible, Soapbox selects processors based in the European Union. If the processors are based outside the European Union, Soapbox implements appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
11. Social media
Soapbox is active on social media, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. Soapbox does not supervise and is not responsible for processing of your personal data by and through such third parties. The use of these media is therefore at your own risk. Before using these third-party services, we recommend that you read their privacy statements.
12. What are my rights?
You have several rights in respect of your personal data. For example, you are entitled to clear information about what Soapbox does with your personal data. This document aims to give you that information. You also have the right:
- to access your data
- to have your data erased ('right to be forgotten')
- to rectify and supplement your data
- to restrict processing of your data
- to data portability
- to object
- not to be subject to automated decision-making
- to withdraw previously given consent.
More information about these rights, including the cases in which you can exercise them, is available here
13. Where can I address my questions and/or complaints?
For questions or complaints about your data and the protection of your privacy, contact Soapbox at email@example.com.
Soapbox will try to resolve your complaints as well as possible. If you are dissatisfied with how Soapbox tries to safeguard your privacy, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
14. Amendments to the Privacy Statement
Soapbox may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. As the most recent version is published on the website, keep an eye out for updates there. If the new Privacy Statement affects how we process data that we have already collected about you, we will inform you accordingly.